Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Girl or Boy?

It's around that time. That time you see in movies and hear in country songs. That time where you finally get to start picturing what the nursery will look like and what clothes your little one is going to wear. Blue or pink? Pigtails or faux-hawks? Cheerleading or football? Yep...sometime soon...in the next week...Beau and me will find out what the sex is of little baby Rummel.

I've had several people ask me if I want a girl or a boy. It's a hard question to answer. My first instinct...is to answer with "a girl." It just seems so much easier, especially because I'm a girl myself, to raise someone of the same sex. I picture all the fun girly stuff that we can do and the lessons I can't wait to teach her about boys, makeup, self-respect, etc. I also can't wait to teach her all the atypical girl stuff such as how to throw a punch, how to hit a baseball, and how to make her own money.

But then I think about having a little boy. While I know that my husband has said that he just wants our baby to have "10 and 10" and be healthy, I think it would be so awesome to give him a little boy. A little boy who can learn about fly fishing and tackle football, fast cars, junk food, rock music, and first crushes.

So overall, to be perfectly honest, I don't know what I'm wishing for in regards to the gender. I can picture both scenarios and I know God already has this planned out. I question if I'll be a better mother to a girl or will I do better at raising a little Beau Rummel. I just don't know, but I'll keep ya'll posted as soon as we find out! Can't wait!

2 comments:

  1. I am going to be glued to my phone so I expect a text asap!!!!! Cant wait!!!!!! Love you guys!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. By the way; can you teach me how to make my own money!!!! lolololol

    ReplyDelete