Saturday, October 16, 2010

Obsessed and Impatient

12 weeks 3 days pregnant! 27 weeks 4 days to go! Wait...27 1/2 weeks to go! That is like a little over half of a year left. Crap! I get so excited to try out my new iPhone application for pregnancy, and as soon as I open it up, it tells me that I have approximately 27 1/2 weeks left of pregnancy! Thanks a lot! Then my good buddy Jazmine tells me about "the bump.com" and I jump on that as well. As soon as I log in my information, it kindly tells me that I have a little less than 200 days left of pregnancy. Thanks again! Yep, I'm being a bit impatient. Just a tad. Don't get me wrong, I love being pregnant. Especially after January's quick loss, every day that I get to be pregnant, I try to thank God for the awesome opportunity. But nonetheless, there is something restless inside of me that wishes I was a bit further along.

As I'm on the bubble saying goodbye to my first trimester and entering my second, I'm not quite looking pregnant yet. My stomach resembles more of a bloated, soft, slightly pudgy stomach rather than a basketball belly. While my husband swears he doesn't see the "bloatedness" I see, I know it is there. What is so funny as I type this is that when I wasn't pregnant, I always thought I wouldn't want a "baby bump"...Now that I am pregnant, I can't wait for that dang bump to appear!

In addition to being unnecessarily impatient, I've also realized I've become quite obsessed with pregnancy! Look at me! I'm writing my pregnancy blog on a Saturday night! Just an hour ago I got back from a firefighter party where I primarily talked to the new mommy with her 7-month old adorable little girl. Even as I prepare my 8-hour workshop, typing away at a 200-slide power-point presentation, most of the pictures I have included are of babies and children! Ha! My boss, kindly, pointed out to me yesterday that I might want to think of inserting some adult pictures to round it out a bit! During each television show, I listen for interesting names that I might be able to use for baby Rummel. And everyday I explore a new baby website. Wow...how much is too much?

Yep...guys and girls...I'm sharing my inner thoughts and weird nuances with you. Maybe some of you can relate, and just maybe...some or all of you think I've got a screw or two loose. That's okay though. I definitely know I got some stuff to work on. I also know that it is okay to be a bit impatient and obsessed, because I'm super happy, bottom line, I'm really excited to be a mommy.

3 comments:

  1. Hay there honey, your bump will not appear till like month 5 or 6.. you are so athletic and fit so it takes longer to appear. Your passion to be a mom is so great!!!!! Awesome.... do lots of reading and research on afterbirth and newborn care!!!!! That is most important.. You cant change whats going on inside you; you can only contribute. So funny you cant wait for the "bump".... feels like eternity... I LOVE YOU!!!! I just love these blogs.... you should be writing a book......

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you're very smart to be learning now. Then you have the information at your fingertips when baby is here and you can barely get anything done the first few weeks, and you are ready with choices and solutions and all :) I would just avoid the baby shows on TV because they make birth so dramatic and scary and you don't need those images in your head. But I am an internet research addict, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Leanne I am finding myself trying to avoid forums now. The moms on there freak me out! I'll take your advice about staying away from the baby shows ;-)

    ReplyDelete