Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Be careful what you ask for

So remember about 3-4 months ago when I was whining about not really having a "true" pregnancy belly. I was complaining because I was hoping for this basketball belly that looked cute and perfectly round poking through my pregnancy tops. At the time I found it frustrating to have this soft "pudge" that was occurring because it wasn't really showing that I was pregnant; it was more so showing that I was drinking too much beer or simply eating too much chocolate. Well crap! I now have got what I asked for.

As I enter my 37th week, I have achieved the basketball belly status. However this basketball feels oversized and is slowly approaching watermelon craziness. Not only is it obvious that I'm pregnant, about everyone and their mother seems to comment on how pregnant I look. Just a few days ago, a woman working the gates at the NCAA basketball championship tournament told me that there is special parking for women who are "12 months pregnant." She said this with so much pleasure and was obviously impressed with her humor. Ha! Well I wasn't laughing. Then the dressing room lady at Target last night asked me when I'm due because she felt like I was about to go into labor based on the beautiful waddle I was sporting.

Not only do you get unwanted comments and stares from everyone around you at this stage in pregnancy, you also have a hell of a time trying to...um you know...do any movement that requires you to bend at the waist. Holy crap! Tying my shoes feels like I'm trying to do the splits. Any why is it that I seem to drop everything now that it is almost impossible to bend over enough to pick it up off the floor? I also am finding now when I'm eating, I have to drop my belly between my legs so I can move forward enough to reach my food. Wow!

Now my fear is that I sound ungrateful and hormonal. Ungrateful no...hormonal yes. I know this is all part of the process and I'd carry Mt. Everest of bellies to make sure little Bella is growing the way she needs to be. But I do admit, I can't wait to get my flat stomach back if it is possible, be able to pick stuff up off the floor, and gracefully tie my shoes without ripping a hamstring. Just a few more weeks...

1 comment:

  1. Oh Blaire, I feel your basketball belly pain! I can remember one hormonal moment of tears, when I still had a few months left with the twins and some lovely women asked me if I was due any day!! My belly often became a crumb catcher if my boobs didn't catch my food first, and Macie used my belly as a table to eat her cheerios. I remember giving up on painting my toes when I couldn't see them anymore. Oh, and grooming myself, yikes lets just say I groomed blindly and I am guessing it was not pretty!!
    Hang in there girl! I promise you will be able to touch your toes very soon!! I wish I lived closer and had a babysitter so I could come paint your toes for you! Miss ya
    Haley

    ReplyDelete